Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: PTC and the TOC
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #113
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

If I was in TVG's shoes, I wouldn't blink. They have done more to promote Calif racing than any of the other ADW providers and while I don't subscribe to the exclusivity crap they have a business advantage and would be foolish not to pursue it.

The CHRB has had plenty of opportunities to get the ADW law changed and, at one time, the then-chairman Alan Landsburg, who subsequently chaired the pari-mutuel operations committee, spoke of a need to open the ADW process so that it was a free market operation and spoke of making it happen before the first contracts of the original ADW providers expired so that it became a condition of license renewal. That didn't happen, it hasn't happened since and now the current chairman Shapiro talks like his normal pro-active stance has been abandoned (for this issue). There's something below the surface here and must have something to do with keeping the Calif players in tow; and, the current setup seems to allow the CHRB (and TOC?) to do that.

I can see the feds getting involved with the medication issues of the game, but I doubt that they give a crap about who bets which tracks and with whom.

Last edited by rrbauer; 06-29-2008 at 01:06 PM.
rrbauer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)