Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 01:19 PM   #37
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
You do not have to love God to be happy.
You just have to make a life that makes you happy.
It is the bible thumpers of the world who think it is a His-way-or-the-highway sort of deal. Typically, the bible thumpers also feel that if they screw up, God will cause the roof to cave in.

I can tell you firsthand, that's just not how it works.
(I've screwed up plenty.)

Ultimately, life is whatever we CHOOSE to make of it.
Period.

My outlook is far different than yours because, when I was drawn to Christ 25 years ago, I was gifted with amazing mentorship, which resulted in amazing understanding.

In turn, this resulted in amazing changes in my life.

To be clear, it is not something that I attained to; not something I earned. I simply TRUSTED. A little at first, and, when I saw positive results, I trusted a little more, which led to even more change.

Surprisingly, the initial changes were actually external and quite negative, but eventually life became more than I could have ever imagined. Both inside and out.

As I often say, "There is no jet in my driveway," but life is very, very good.

So, when did I give up free will?
Never.
In so many ways, I wish I could, because clearly my life goes far better when God runs things. But being human, I crave control, and when I take control, things often go south.

I'm not a bible-thumpy guy, but this passage - one of like 3 I know LOL - defines the biggest challenge in my life:
Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
I doubt this really addressed YOUR question, as I doubt that you really expected an answer. But I felt compelled to write it.

BTW, there is a quote in the bible somewhere - never do remember those locations - LOL - that tells us God wants to give us the desires of our heart.

Who wouldn't want to sign up for that?
But, as I heard a pastor say about 20 years ago, "It's not a stock market-thing."

Dave
Totally agree.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)