Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: UAE Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Appreciate the added insight. I speak more on the breeding side of things. We have solid Raise A Native horses and strong female families. Several have breeding that approximates what has been winning the Derby the past two decades. I'm certainly not expecting one to win the Derby this year but feel it's the best shot since the UAE began. Likewise with the Apollo or Storm Cat jinx. Strength in numbers but I'm inclined to let them all beat me.
Ah, thanks. Your pedigree angle escaped me. I had read one or two other posts elsewhere speaking about the strength of the field relative to other runnings, which I disagree with.

As far as pedigree goes, some interesting notes on the Japanese runner Taiki Ferveur. Deep in his female family is the dam of the great Alydar and champion Our Mims (5th dam Sweet Tooth). He's also by a son of one of Roberto's best sire sons (Brian's Time).

The UAE Oaks winner Rayya, is by a terrible sire in Tiz Wonderful, but her bottom side features the dam of BC Classic winner and Preakness-placed Concern.

Yulong Warrior's 3rd dam produced Met Mile winner and classic also-ran Wild Rush.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)