Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
lamboguy

first of all, i find that the racing form clockers are real good. the ones that i know put the exact times of the work in the paper. the guy from calder is as good as it gets. the guy's that do the training and the main track at churchill are real good as well.

if a private clocker was that good he would not sell his information, he would simply bet it. the key to a good clocker is to know the horse they are clocking and the trainer that has the horse out ther. good clockers recognize improvements from one work to the next, and know how the trainer usually brings around his horses. certain trainers do not telegraph how good or bad the horses are in the morning, they wait until the afternoon to show their stuff, because that is when they get paid. you are never going to figure how good or bad an assmussen horse is by watching him in the morning. i can tell you that if someone tips you on one of his horses chances are they won't win. or for every one that wins 20 don't.after spending about 25 years in saratoga listening to tips, i know how the game is played with babies. often times you might get 6 tips in the same race, none of them the favorite at 3/5 that runs right out of your television screen.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)