Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive4th
I'm a relatively young horseplayer, but have still been doing it for long enough to know how to make some sense of posted workouts in PP's and use them to some advantage.

HOWEVER, this morning (Tuesday) was a new experience for me as I actually attended workouts at Del Mar (walked in and meandered is probably more accurate), and I'm wondering from some that know far more than I - - - when you actually watch works in person, what do you watch and what are you looking for?

I'd love to do it again sometime, but armed with more knowledge to help in the handicapping process. Thanks!
Many of the clockers are up in the press box. You get a great view from up there. Just walk up there like you own the place.

Here's a workout comment from Bruno DeJulio ( www.racingwithbruno.com ) out of todays racing digest (www.todaysracingdigest.com )

This was a first time starter that ran at Del Mar on Sunday. Da Boomer paid $28.40 to win.

Da Boomer 08/19 DMR/FT 3F 35.0h

Finished in full stride late down the lane. Finished final ¼ in strong
manner. Looked good here nicely late.

Last edited by andymays; 08-24-2010 at 01:45 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)