Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #9
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
I was there on their very first day of racing in 2004. I stood out like a sore thumb because I sat at a temporary booth under the big tent with my laptop. Was approached and subsequently interviewed by a local TV reporter and followed around by his camera man when they found out I was using the laptop to handicap. (My memory is fussy here, but I don't recall having any local racing PP data available on-line, so they must have had some simulcast wagering available.). Never got to watch the interview which supposedly aired that evening, and my computer-aided handicapping did not lead to a profitable day.

I know they went through some lean years with no racing due to financial troubles. (Mis-management of granted funds?).

They were very fortunate to start racing there in the first place. It came about almost entirely due to huge volunteer efforts.

Good to see them racing again. Would not mind going back again some year, and will probably do so when my fellow track collecting friend wants to add them to his list.
Got 'em last year with Chippewa Downs. Looks like I'll see you two weekends from now at Wyoming Downs. There should be at least 50% TBs carded (per their condition book).
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)