Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Exacta strategy
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I can’t bet right now but have a system that takes the top 4 horses and as it’s stategy, it says to box the 4 in a Exacta, which means for $1 it’s 12 and for $2 is 24. I was wondering if there was any other way to put my top 4 in a Exacta still and maybe make it less costly. Thanks to all who reply.
All of the other good responses aside, take your top two picks and box them with the two other horses. 1-2-3 and 1-2-4.

If the top two come in you have an extra ticket.

If you have a single, it may be better to bet to win (which is exactly what you are doing with a horse on top of an exacta). You just have to look at the will pays. For example, boxing 1-2-3 (for a dollar) costs $6. Let's say you have a 3-1 horse. If he wins, you would collect $24. For the exacta to be as good it would have to pay that amount for a dollar or $48 for $2. Just figure out the best use of the $6 by watching the board.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)