Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
That the way I read it too. I think it is highly unlikely that NJ can actually win in court. Now both Romney and Obama will get questions on it. I can't see either of them supporting Christie on this issue. There will also be issues with the NFL. In the past they have resolute in stating that they will not have team playing a state has legal gambling on their games. That will be the really interesting part of this. They would have to move two teams if they stick to their guns and if NJ actually wins its court battle.
The idea that 50% of the revenues would go to fight gambling addiction is with a doubt the most ridiculous thing to come out the mouth of a politician in sometime. Anybody that believes that probably owns several bridges.
Here we go again with this out of this world comment. They wouldn't even move the Super Bowl if it comes to fruition which I doubt. How would the NFL reimburse the two teams that spent 1.6 billion on the stadium? How about everyone who owns a PSL suing the living daylights out of them.

Even if the NFL wanted to move there is only one market that might be attractive to them and its Los Angeles. The days of expansion is almost all sports has come to a close in the continental United States. Teams have moved in the NBA and NHL during the past decade. Bad baseball teams don't draw but they get subsidized and make a nice profit every year. Jacksonville in the NFL is a team ready to move.

The NFL always states they are against gambling but without it their popularity would plummet. Do you really think those injury reports are for fantasy league players? They know how much money is bet just on the Super Bowl which equates to HIGHEST ratings.

Plus if they ever moved just imagine how easy both sides of the political fench to remove their antitrust exemption. Heck the silliness even started when the lockout was going on.

Ranking Democrat Seeks to Remove NFL Antitrust Exemption Over Lockout

http://www.bizoffootball.com/index.p...news&Itemid=79

Plus if gambling on football was to become legal in NJ how many states would follow suit almost immediately. It would generate additional revenues from an untapped source the majority of taxpayers would love something like this.

I hope it becomes reality just to see what the NFL does. Probably will get the same reaction as jaywalking on a NYC street from a police officer.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)