Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
The point I was making was that his statement stating that 50% of the money generated would go to compulsive gambler programs. That is ludicrous! Where does he think the bulk of the money will be coming from. That makes absolutely no sense. As for my failed attempt at humor, anyone that is offended, I do apologize. It was just a joke, and according to you, a bad one. You must really hate Bill Maher.
Everyone knows that's not going to happen the same deal as the lottery. Georgia had a great program where if you maintained a 'B" average in high school college tuition was free if you chose to stay in state. Recently they had to drop part of that because of budget constraints.

I just don't think its funny to joke about someones weight without knowing the facts. Rex Ryan underwent two stomach operations and he looks great. That would be pretty hard for a politician to do it would almost be equivilent of enrolling in AA.

Hate is a heavy word I hardly use it. I like commentators from both sides of the fence as long as their not wishy washy. Only saw Maher once and turned it off immediately.

One thing about Christie is that he stands his ground even when he's wrong. That doesn't make good presidential material but as a Governor he has done a decent job in my state. There is no doubt in my mind that he got together with Lautenberg and Menendez before taking this stand. This was a very wise move considering that there's an election for president in the fall.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)