Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Contest sites
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:53 AM   #17
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
In the heads-up tournament featured in the above link...the winner wagered $32.00 and collected $13.80...during the contest's 8 races. And yet, in spite of his .43 ROI...he walked away with the tournament's $1,500 prize. In my own play...I would have had $15.20 after only 2 races, by selecting a 1/2 choice in the 1st...and a 9/5 choice in the 2nd.

This may be just what I am looking for.
The results of that MNR card were abnormally chalky, but this scenario happens frequently. It's not usually quite that pronounced, though. If you'll scan the leaderboard regularly you'll see quite a few 8-race tournaments that are won by less than $32, the total of the hypothetical WP bets.

For that particular MNR card, the win mutuel of all 8 races paid a combined $46, for an average of $5.75.

I didn't scan all of the MNR results, but one of the highest winning tournament scores I saw for the same set of races was $47.70. This was in a $9 entry fee "pool-style" pick-and-pray contest with 36 players. The winner received $143.37 for his efforts. He had 6 winners in the 8-race contest.

For perspective, that $47.70 winning score could probably have been matched by one 16/1 shot (w/p).
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)