Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #35
GMB@BP

03/10/18 Sam Felipe Stakes, 8.5F, Santa Anita Park

Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180310&RN=6

Timeform Figures 1/4-129 1/2-129 3/4-123 Final Fig-124

Starting to see some separation again from the California dirt horses. While they dont have strong turfers out west they are superior on dirt. As a group they have consistently been running better races (at home and shipping), we will see how it plays out in a month or so.

Analysis – Mckinzie (DQ) The top ranked 3yo on many boards did not disappoint with that running line, everything about those TUS figures suggest this is a serious horse with tons of talent. This was known, just more confirmation. I liked the fact the other horse took the lead, BDO bumped him off stride, and he said ...nope aint having it and won the race anyways. He also was between two horses the entire race on a very strong pace and easily went on with it, super impressive run.

Bold D'Oro: I am not sure a horse can really run a better comeback and lose that this horse, he surely would have finished first in just about any other race and got the money by the DQ. I did think he got a sweet trip on the rail behind 3 horses dueling for the lead. This is a quality horse, there was some silly talk he was overbilled after the juvenile, where you could not have a worse trip than he did. Trainer says he was 80%, last time he said that he aired by open lengths next race, I suspect he does that next time as I bet Baffert has no intention on a rematch before the big race. Looks like a route horse the way he moves as well. If not the fav for the Derby, he is dang close to it.

Kathanka: Nice horse, not a route horse.

Rest of this field needs to fins softer spots. There were no trips or anything to note.

Race Replay

Last edited by cj; 03-14-2018 at 11:08 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)