Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Baseball: 2018
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:06 AM   #14
mostpost

Time to post my opinion. Most of you know that I am from the Chicago area and I am a Cubs fan-for almost seventy years. So, it will come as no surprise that I think the Cubs are the best team in Major League baseball, and by a wide margin.

Begin with the starting pitching. Top to bottom, no team is as deep as the Cubs.
Lester, Quintana, and Darvish have all been aces either on the Cubs or on their previous teams. Everybody says that Hendricks is an ace of the future and many say the future is now. If you only consider Chatwood's starts away from Coors Field you should be quite impressed. And you should only consider those starts because he will be making at most one start at Coors this season.

What else do they have? The best young catcher in Willson Contreras, both defensively and offensively. A gold glove first baseman who averages thirty home runs a year in Anthony Rizzo The best defensive second baseman in the game and maybe the best defensive infielder of all in Javy Baez. Expect Addison Russell to contend for comeback of the year at short. Then there is Kris Bryant at third. Rookie of the Year; Most Valuable Player and only 25 years old.

In the outfield, a slimmed down Kyle Schwarber has already stolen three bases; Albert Almora is making the impossible catch routine and Ian Happ is tearing the cover off the ball and also making circus catches in Center Field.
Plus he can fill in at second, third and first base.

There are other good teams such as Houston and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Washington Nationals will certainly be heard from as well as the Cleveland Indians and Arizona Diamondbacks. But when all is said and done, it is the Cubs who will be hoisting that World Series trophy.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)