Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #15107
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Pope Francis is an interesting Pope.
He's once again given sedevacantists fodder to believe the Chair of Peter has been occupied by an imposter.

"The beginning of the world is not the work of chaos that owes its origin to something else, but it derives directly from a supreme principle that creates out of love. The Big Bang, that today is considered to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the creative intervention of God; on the contrary, it requires it. Evolution in nature is not in contrast with the notion of [divine] creation because evolution requires the creation of the beings that evolve. [...]

When we read in Genesis the account of creation [we are] in danger of imagining that God was a magician, complete with a magic wand that can do all things. But he is not."
Source: http://sploid.gizmodo.com/pope-franc...eal-1651853568

Also see: http://www.jpost.com/Christian-News/...is-Says-380058
It shouldn't be. The Pope acknowledged evolution in 1950 way before the sedevaticanists discovered the so-called errors of Vatican II in 1965.

In his encyclical Humani Generis (1950), my predecessor Pius XII has already affirmed that there is no conflict between evolution and the doctrine of the faith regarding man and his vocation, provided that we do not lose sight of certain fixed points.

Pius XII underlined the essential point: if the origin of the human body comes through living matter which existed previously, the spiritual soul is created directly by God ("animas enim a Deo immediate creari catholica fides non retimere iubet"). (Humani Generis) Pope John Paul II, MESSAGE TO THE PONTIFICAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES:
ON EVOLUTION, October 22, 1996,

Biology, including the theory of evolution, has been taught in Catholic Schools, according to my personal experience, since the 1960s and maybe earlier and is still taught today.

The Big Bang theory was accepted by the current Pope, Pius XI, when Catholic priest Georges Lemaître, in 1927 theorized the Big Bang.

Nothing new in the current Pope's statement about evolution and the Big Bang.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 10-29-2014 at 08:58 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)