Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

World Cup 2022 - Qatar

A little over a week until the big tournament begins.

I'm going to be optimistic about the Cup being played midseason (in a strange place) rather than the summer:
>Players should be much fresher instead of coming off a full season of over 50 games (including all the different cup competitions).
>Travel & lodging will be simple once they get to Qatar. Teams (and fans) will stay in the same hotel for the duration of their stay. The country is small enough that they can commute to any stadium easily.

SLEEPER: I like Denmark to make a nice run to the quarters or better if things go their way. I love their attacking style.

BUST: I think Belgium may disappoint this year, despite having arguably the best all around player in the world in Kevin DeBruyne. They've been a top squad for a number of years but I get the feeling they are due for a letdown.

THE WINNER: I never pick them, but I thinks its Brazil's time once again. They should handle the weather and have a budding superstar in Vinicius Jr. (who was brilliant in the Champions League for Real Madrid last season).

Team USA has some very good young players in Reyna and McKinnie but find themselves in a low key tough group with England, Wales, and Iran. I'd be happy if they reached the knockout stage.

Who ya' got?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most