Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Sea Biscuit

Mine is a good luck story and it happened many many moons ago but I can still remember as if it happened yesterday.

I like a horse #4 who was going off at 6-1. As it was close to post time in my haste I forgot my program on my seat. There was one guy before me at the wicket. When my turn came I mumbled 'gimme $10 w/p on the #5'. As soon as the teller punched my tickets the bell rang and the window closed. As I walked backed to my seat I realized I bet the wrong horse. I looked at the toteboard and the #5 was going off at 60-1. No way I said to myself is this horse going to win this race and I quietly dropped my ticket under my seat in disgust.

As the race developed the #4 was leading in the stretch by about 2 lengths and I was getting sick looking at this race. Out of nowhere there came this horse from way off the pace and nicked the #4 at the wire. I couldn't believe my eyes it was the #5.

I quickly picked up my ticket, cashed it and smiled all the way back home and thanked the Gods that govern harness races for my good fortune.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most