Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #126
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
That wasn't the math. It was not being able to imagine a scenario where handle is "fake" because some of it is derived from selling the signal at a "bargain basement rate", the only bit of information CJ gave to bolster his claim that it's fake. That is already well known to being done through rebate shops, and no one has ever proposed that this makes the handle of many tracks, not just GP, fake.

It is highly frustrating to know how bad these contracts are for the host tracks and racing, but that's a nationwide problem outside of CA who got their legislature to cap it at 5%, and it doesn't make any of the handle fake or smoke and mirrors or any other perjorative. It just makes them horrible deals for the host tracks and racing.
Perhaps I could have worded it better. The handle is the handle, but the reporting that handle increases mean business is great and profits are up is simply false.

If I offered rebates that matched takeout, I'd lose money, for example. But handle would certainly be up by a lot. Its a false positive.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)