Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: pace numbers
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #37
bisket

i personally don't care for pace figures. i think the best way to analyze pace is to get acquainted with the norms for the track you play. take into consideration the condition of the track that pace times were earned, and analyze this with times that are in the form. if you do this on a regular basis and use common handicapping sense you will get a feel for what time is fast or slow. pace has much to do with how horses interact with each other and what the jock does while riding the horse. by analyzing times and the position of the horse in relation to the leader you will get a feel if the horse will rate, always want the lead, take back etc. by doing this you may get some insight as to how a race will be run, and who may get into a suicide pace scenario etc. by looking at times instead of symbols such as e or e1 etc. you will also be able to spot horses that respond to certain pace times favorably or unfavorably. in some cases time can be predicted at a good a good enough percentage to spot a pretty good longshot. i just pace has many more aspects that a figure won't due justice to.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)