Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: why choosePTC
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #71
ddog

Dave

Imo, most owners/trainers and I think track mgmt types at some level and most are rather open about the attitude , SNEER at the avg bettor.

They feel they are the straw that stirs the drink and of course to some extent they are correct.

As CharlieD brought up, many tracks got the revenue increase via other games of chance and bupkus got passed to players.

I always thought that the "side revenue" was going to be a net bad for players , if not the whole industry.

It is just a different shade of a bail out, the tracks/horse types could NEVER generate the type of cash that comes in now without the slots cards,etc.

So, not that it will happen , but the "free money" needs to be taken out of the horse groups kitty. They pay out what THEY and only THEY bring in.

The other goes to the track/state via taxes,etc.

That will be bloody short term but it's the only way to find out what level of decent racing can be supported.

I maintain not much without the "free money" at most tracks.

To me this is just the same argument as the eternal fight between tb and other breeds owner groups as to the split of wagering bucks when running mixed meets/cards.

Looking for more revenue to prop up a dying part of the game (without the false incentives from the other gambling) is no good imo.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)