Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #11
Muddy
Muddy

One of my biggest hits was back in the 80's. I was in my early 20's and was laid off from my summer construction job and working as a cook. One of the guys I was working with Myles had in-laws that had standardbred horses and were racing @ Northville Downs. He told me of this green 2 yo filly trotter that would win soon. So me and a buddy went out an bet her the next start. The race goes off and she breaks stride pulls up runs dead last. The next week I see she is in again on Tue so I call up my buddy and say she is in again lets go bet her. He says he's not betting another penny on that nag. We played pick up basketball on Tuesday night from 8 to 10 pm at a local elementary school. So I tell him I'll see him at basketball I'm going out to bet her. So I run out to the track and bet and leave and make it back in time for basketball. After basketball we would go back to my place and play strat-o-matic baseball and drink a few beers. Race results would come on the radio at midnight. So I turn on the radio and it gets to the 4th race. I'll never forget the winner of the 4th race #8 Peaceful Pam 88.00 winner. I had wheeled her in the tri for a 1.00-42.00 and bet 9 wp 60 total on the race. The tri comes back over 14k. 7k for a buck. I look at my buddy and he says didn't we go in on that with a huge frown on his face. Well I paid off my truck bought a stereo and we partied a little.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)