Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:37 PM   #8030
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Ralph...what happened to you was a grave injustice, and I have more than a few friends who are in exactly the same situation that you find yourself. IMO...the federal and the state governments should step up and give you guys the funds that you need to keep going at a time like this. If they could come together and bail out the bankers and Wall Street...then they should help you guys even more so...because they DESERVED to get screwed, but you guys didn't. No way should a government be allowed to close down, or even restrict, the operation of a business due to a pandemic...without giving the business owner the funds necessary for him to weather the storm and survive the ordeal.
Thanks.....over 200 hundred of our franchises (restaurants) have gone under.

We have had to make some tough decisions. My wife has been the real leader in our operation. She really runs the place. I have pulled off some pretty nifty deals to save us cash in dealing with vendors etc. I’m proud to say we don’t owe anybody a damn dime. I did payroll today and 48 employees are getting paid. Off unemployment for 3 months now. Maybe next month the wife and I can start getting paid again.

Most of our vendors were in the same boat we were. So to keep us they slashed our prices. We signed on for min 2 yr contracts etc. Lots of wheeling and dealing.

I’m particularly proud of pulling a sting on our trash pickup provider and caught them ripping us off. It got me out of a really bad contract (we inherited it from corporate) and cut our trash bill from over $3500 a month to $478 a month. That’s real money over a year. I also implemented a recycling program that’s paying us back a couple hundred a month too.

I dumped some other services and had competitive bids taken, and that was something that had real leverage over the last 6 months. Everybody was willing to deal. Except for one vendor. When that contract is up next year.....they are toast.

We just finished our 3rd month re-opened, yesterday. My PNL says I lost a little over 3k this last month. It gets a little better every day.

We are back at 50% of our pre-Covid business levels. Slowly creeping up.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)