Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: LPGA
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
One problem.
The L.P.G.A., while playing the majority of it's events in the United States, considers itself, and advertises itself, as A GLOBAL Tour.
Events are scheduled in:
The United States ........15 events
Kuala Lampur
South Korea
Taiwan
Japan
Mexico
Thailand
Singapore
Canada....... 3 events
Australia
France
England

The majority of Asians on the tour are Koreans.
To their credit, most of them are speaking English.
The Asians are doing a far better job at language aquisition than the American ladies are at speaking foreign languages.
To the L.P.G.A.'s credit the overseers of the Tour are providing some English classes for foreign players.
Your making my point and this is coming from a guy who supports all women athletics.

Eighteen events are held in North America where English is the primary language. Lets add two more counting England and Australia. I'm an old toad but when I went to school the only two options were Spanish and French. In the far east the second language is usually English.

Good job by the L.P.G. A. but if they can do it for English wouldn't it be fair to also tutor people in Chinese, Korean, or Japanese?

I don't follow the LPGA much but maybe you can tell me how many females go overseas to play and who foots the bill.

Nobody should be forced to learn a language at any time during their life. But for the game to survive and grow top notch players should make an attempt to learn a language that is their bread and butter. K.J. Choi and Y.E. Yang speak enough that they can get endorsements and have people cheering for them on American soil.

I learned sign language at the age of thirty because there was no other option to communicate with my son at the time. The female players certainly have a choice but they lose the right to complain about the purse money being offered and the number of events.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)