Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #305
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
“Most of us don't worry about these questions most of the time. But almost all of us must sometimes wonder: Why are we here? Where do we come from? Traditionally, these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead,” he said. “Philosophers have not kept up with modern developments in science. Particularly physics.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...y-is-dead.html

The above is his second quote claiming philosophy is dead due to science, the first such claim is contained in his book The Grand Design.
"Hawking is a brilliant man, but he's not an expert in what's going on in philosophy, evidently. Over the past thirty years the philosophy of physics has become seamlessly integrated with the foundations of physics work done by actual physicists, so the situation is actually the exact opposite of what he describes. I think he just doesn't know what he's talking about. I mean there's no reason why he should. Why should he spend a lot of time reading the philosophy of physics? I'm sure it's very difficult for him to do. But I think he's just . . . uninformed"...

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...mology/251608/

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)