Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #9
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
too bad they can't get together to fix the problem. If the circuits switched back and forth while idling the other tracks handle would increase because average field size would increase substantially. Example Parx runs April and May, Delaware 5-6 weeks in June and July. MTH rest of July and August and part of September then back to Parx. Obviously the costs would decrease for the tracks when they are idle. Add breeders bonuses for all foals bred in PA, NJ, Delaware and restricted MSW for the aforementioned, etc. I know this is fantasy land
Definitely the answer. Been preaching that for years. May come out of necessity if the governments keep taking slots $ off the table as the PA gov proposed earlier this year, pre COVID. I think even just eliminating Parx from say May-early/late Sept would help alot. Del and Mth can coexist. The real pressure on Mth actually came from GP- lots of trainers that used to come up- Orseno, Broome, Pompay and prob a few others I can't think of top of mind.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)