Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #10
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
So in my mind the problem is not that sports betting could be here to stay and that horseplayers are going to leave the game in droves to suddenly bet sports. To me the problem is that when the horse player bets sports they realize that there $500 betting sports provides a lot more entertainment.
There is an argument that I have heard made that for a casual player, a bet on a game is the absolute best form of gambling.

The basic argument is that when you bet on a game, it gives you hours of action on one bet. A horse race gives you a couple of minutes of action, a poker hand about a minute of action, and a roulette wheel or slot machine gives you a few seconds of it. Which then requires the player to put additional money into the game to keep the action going, which means they lose their money faster.

Honestly, I think legal sports betting is a threat to a LOT of other forms of gambling with respect to the casual bettor's dollar.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)