Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #7
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP1981 View Post
Hi Steveb,

I play nightly and have always wondered why a couple tracks (I know Caulfield is one) is shown as a standalone and not included in the A-B-C-D lineup. Hopefully you know what I mean about the way they are presented here in the states. I play offshore and have yet to see any of them carry the standalone tracks like TVG does. I can only sit and drool at the massive fields.

I always assumed Caulfield ran under a different jurisdiction or something.
i don't follow the place and don't know how betting in australia works from your country.
caulfied though is probably the second major metropolitan track here behind flemington which holds the melbourne cup.
there are four metro tracks in melbourne victoria.
flemington
caulfied
sandown
moonee valley.

why they are standalone, might have something to do with them having to give permision to be shown alongside races in other states, but i am only guessing.

the boss of melbourne racing(which is the club that races at caulfied), was also a director of aquanita racing, and i am told is a huge gambler.
why he is not part of the enquiry into aquanita and its major trainer that have been rigging hundreds of races by giving illegal treatments, is somewhat eye opening.
another reason why i reckon victorian racing is corrupt.

australian racing is very fragmented especially victoria and nsw, where they are always trying to get one up on each other.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement