Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: SA Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
In this case Santa Anita now uses Trakus as the official timer so the poles don't really mean anything, just a visual. The fractions should all be for the exact distance. Should be easy to figure out from the charts and how many feet they record for each segment.
So, I pulled up Race 7 from Sunday:

This is the minimum distance run at each segment. One note, Trakus had a built in error of adding an additional ~3.5 feet per furlong.

1/4 1329 feet (This is about 2 feet more than expected, so no distance shaved here)

1/2 1342 feet (This is about about 15 feet more than expected, but given that it is on the weird layout, probably makes sense, doubt it is possible to save ground going right and then left)

3/4 1332 feet (Only about five feet above minimum)

Last 1/16 331 feet (This is slightly less than the expected minimum of 332)

Based on this, I'd guess the distance is shaved off the very last segment.

For the total race, minimum distance traveled was 4350 feet from an expected minimum of 4313. I'm guessing that at 6.5 given the odd layout the 4313 is impossible to achieve as you'll either lose ground going right or going left, one or the other.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)