Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: SA Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #8
ultracapper

3rd point of timing. 3rd split.

I'm under the impression that the downhill course is short of 6 1/2 furlongs, so I'm trying to determine between which points of timing the missing yardage is. I have tried to see where the timing mechanisms are in the stretch, but can't identify it.

Sorry to run you guys through the ringer. I do appreciate your efforts. If I was a bit more articulate we'd probably be done with this.

21.47 43.59 1:06.12 1:12.18

The highlighted one. Is that exactly 2 furlongs from the 43.59, or is it 1/16 from the 1:12.18. One of them has to be short to make up for the yardage that the race is shorter than 6 1/2 furlongs. Of course, I'm assuming that the 1st split is 1/4 mile and the 2nd split is 1/2 mile and that the missing yardage is somewhere in the yardage in the stretch. But, the missing yardage could be from the gate to the first split, I'm just not sure.

Thank you.

P.S. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that the missing yardage is at the top of the hill. There's already a timer at the 1/16th pole, another at 5/16ths and another at 9/16ths, so it has to be from the gate to the first split. That's it. It has to be. Whatever the difference between 6 1/2 furlongs and the true distance of the downhill race has to be at the start. Then they just hit the timers at the poles.

Gotta be it. Thanks for being there while I talk to myself. I love this board. Gotta go get a paypal.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement