Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: after the bell
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #16
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Seems like it indicates a cancel to me. Seems unlikely that a 1/9 shot would take less than 15% of the last batch of money that came in.

And I agree that the amount of pool change being so small points in that same direction as well. It does vary quite a bit however from track to track and from race to race. Sometimes the bulk of the money comes in from 1MTP to 0MTP and sometimes 0MTP to final at the same track.

For example WO has the smallest avg change from 0 to final but one of the largest from 1 to 0MTP. Supposedly they're all working with the same 'antiquated' tote system so I don't see why we see variations like that for example a track like HAW has 1-0-F profile of 51%/34% and a track like FNO has 33%/20% when both have avg 50-55k final pool sizes. Who knows...

How the hubs play into all of this offsite pool aggregation is another variable.

Again exchanges (as an option) would put an abrupt end to this type of nonsense for people such as myself who have grown tired of being fodder for what may well even be lesser handicappers quite frankly.

There's no need to do away with the parimutuel system if exchanges are implemented, it would be another option for people who have serious doubts about the integrity of the current system.
in this game you have to question everything you see. there are lots of things that go on that make no sense at all. like horses being bet like longer choices in daily double and pick pools that go down in price after the race starts and win. its just not good to see this.

in the case yesterday, i was watching pools because i was on the eventual winner to show hoping that UNIQUE BELLA could run out. that is the only reason why i happened to have caught the change in money and i was unprepared to take a picture of the pool from before and after.

i say if you ask people that play this game on a regular basis, a very high percentage of them will say that there is some tinkering with the pools when they are supposed to be closed. the moderators on this board are probably very suspicious but just don't have 100% iron clad evidence that something not right is going on.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.