Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #54
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Race six is a mile and a sixteenth grass affair for two year old state bred fillies.

8. Waterville - On debut she ran against open company in a MSW $100K. She broke a little slow that day, was horsing around, bumping with a horse or two at the back into the first turn and a little beyond. The winner had a worse start and they were running in tandem on the turn but while Blissful took off, she just sat back and ran on, never getting close to the top five horses. Against state bred company this daughter of Kitten's Joy certainly merits a second chance. Dam record (12 4-0-2) $193K saw her loving the grass at Monmouth winning two stakes (Boiling springs G II) but not so hot at Saratoga and Belmont. The Dam has 4 winners from 7 starters (19 3-3-3) and she has some impressive foals (Sea Foam & Straw into Gold) who were good earners of over $20K a race.

10. Saratoga Chrome - Quoting the results of her 5.5F sprint: SARATOGA CHROME was void of speed while ridden along on the outside, went three to four wide on the turn, came six wide into the stretch and showed little. November Rein won that race and I consider her good for a NY filly but she showed nothing, a route may be different. In a grass workout, she looked to be larger than her foe, with long easy strides and while neither horse was working too hard, she maintained a small lead on the other while the other one and her jockey appeared to be more focused. Dam never raced but has 3 winners from 5 starters (10 0-1-5) turf route record but was better in turf sprints (8 2-2-0). Sire is 6% and 2% first turf.
While I played the winner on top, I lost money as I was betting exotics and left out the people's winner (and David Aragon's top selection) Saratoga Chrome. I learned a couple of lessons from my loss today that I will make use of in the future.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.