Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #8
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
You want me to go through hundreds of thousands of regulations and pick the worst three. That would take me years, so I won't do it. But here is one that must go ASAP.

The Unions Rule Rule. New rules require government contractors to give first preference in hiring to the workers of the company that lost the contract. Tens of thousands of companies will be affected, with compliance costs running into the tens of millions of dollars—costs ultimately borne by taxpayers. The rule effectively ensures that a non-unionized contractor cannot replace a unionized one. That’s because any new contractor will be obliged to hire its predecessors’ unionized workers and thus be forced by the “Successorship Doctrine” to bargain with the union(s).
That is not an EPA rule. That is a Department of Labor Rule. I asked you to give me the three most offensive EPA rules. There aren't hundreds of thousands of EPA regulations to go through. I just want to know what you see the EPA doing that doesn't constitute legitimate environmental protection. You must have some idea of what would cause you to think we need to repeal existing environmental rules. Just off the top of your head - what has affected you personally, or just generally pissed you off.

You realize there is no governmental rule that doesn't occur as a result of federal legislation passed by the Congress, right? The Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Toxic Substances Control Act, etc. Did you think agencies just decided for themselves when to pick on companies? No federal agency has power that wasn't granted to them specifically by Congress.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.