Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The Trip Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
overthehill

I very rarely give excuses for trips. I find they are usually overbet and the reason the horse gets stymied is because its not strong enough. so far this year i have seen only two horses that i have been anxiously waiting to bet back. the first one was at santa anita. the horse shipped in from europe went off at 10-1 on a turf race and had no place to go the entire stretch. when it finally got clear the jock didnt persevere and the horse ran 4 th. When it did run back it was picked by everyone and wired the field paying all of $3.20 or so. The next horse im still waiting for. I am not going to mention its name. it made its turf debut and was drawn on the inside. despite fairly good breeding it went off double digit odds and when the race went off the jockey as soon as he could took the horse off the rail and went 4-5 wide. I said to myself this is clearly a no try. the horse took every turn 4-5 wide but instead of tiring the horse gained ground in the stretch and ended up losing the bob. I was pretty surprised. the horse was entered back with similar and was 4-1 in the ml but the race came off turf and it was scratched. I will let you guys know the outcome.

the excuses that i do give is when horses clip heels making a move or get bumped badly at the start or get shut of in the stretch. Pletcher had a horse like that when Irad breaking on the inside took 1/2 the field out early. the horse dropped back to last made a winning move but Irad had too much horse and drew away easily. Stewards inquiry but no action was taken.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)