Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 07:12 AM   #13
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgers View Post
Rutgers will finally play in the Rose Bowl!!
Maybe even twice!

That made me chuckle.

I hadn't heard about this until I saw you guys mention it. I found a column on ESPN where a bunch of its reporters and contributors are taking shots at guessing what it all means, from recruiting and scheduling and domino effects and the playoffs and other sports....it's pretty yuge. I'm just conservative and old-fashioned enough that I'm having a hard time seeing the benefits to the overall scene: surely and simply, it's follow the money, but I don't think college football is any more immune to the ebbs and floes of fan interest than any other form of entertainment. If every game reminds a casual viewer of many of the 6-6 bowl games we've been exposed to recently, maybe it just goes flat.

CF has never been truly static, so I guess this is just another step in some direction. I think the regional characteristics of college football is one of the aspects that make it more appealing than homogenized pro sports, and when that goes, I might too.

Here's the link:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pacts-cfp-more
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)