Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 01:06 PM   #12
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
It feels like that, but ND already takes sizable tv money as an independent. They saw that Penn State hasn't sniffed the playoffs since joining B1G. They probably want to do their due diligence with the networks before deciding on joining the conference. That could take time.
Notre Dame gets 15 million from NBC. If they join and Oregon as the other as being bandied around the next TV contract for the Big 10 will be worth at least a billion a year, meaning Notre Dame is going to have a huge payday coming. Money talks, and that is just way too much money to pass up. They already made an invite to them, but like you said it takes time to sort through all the legalities and finer points about how the future will play out as far as scheduling, future expansion, etc.

If this does come to fruition then the Pac 12 is dead when Oregon goes. I doubt it would be 24 hours before the Big 12's phone is ringing off the hook, starting with Utah and the two Arizona schools. I also suspect the Pac 12 will look into some kind of merger but if I am the Big 12 I turn that down and just take four teams. The question would be do you take Washington or Colorado along with the other three. Utah is a no brainer, they would be back with BYU, and the two Arizona schools would have to be a package, it won't be one without the other.

Colorado has sucked for a decade but does have the better geographic location plus they were a past member but Washington is by far the bigger brand name, but the problem is they are on the west coast, it is preferable to stay away from schools in California, Oregon, and Washington due to cultural and political reasons. But Washington may be too good to pass up. Hard call on that one!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)