Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #69
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
another horse this weekend that demolished a main competitor at the start of a race that wasn't taken down. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a dozen times and I'm calling bullshit. Things happen at the start of races all the time. That's especially true of 2yos....
....horses that have wiped out competitors at the start, seemed to be running interference in the early part of the race..., or floated a competitor wide to help another ... horse is too long for this to all be an accident.
TLDR: "I don't know."

Either the race-riding, has been more competitive lately, or I've studied it in more focus lately.

With the break, and race-riding, and herding.... - there seems to me, a complex and difficult problem to solve or enforce.

Beyond my circle of competence.

Does seem to be room for improvement. Perhaps other jurisdictions have used more successful approaches, or some innovation to the rules is needed.

Horses are wild animals... Especially 2yos etc... You hit a horse right handed, and if he's a type to lug in, he may respond to foul an inside horse...
the herding, the Gate...

in any given isolated incident, I can give the jockey the benefit of the doubt. "Hanlon's Razor" , etc...

but in a perfect world, we'd place a greater responsibility to hold your path, and we'd have real warnings/fines/'Days'-during-$Cards(not vacations during cheap or off meets)...

It's something that I do not know the answer to.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)