Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #69
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So are you suggesting someone who has a pr-existing condition has not really died from this disease? Crackpotomania popular in uber rightie circles.

Doers that make it less dangerous or less lethal? Skewing the numbers into fake news???

I keep telling you and your buddies, epidemiologists have a better handle on that sort of data than horse playing pandemic deniers.

Difficult determination until we have more data on this novel virus.
However, experts can take an educated guess. 100 times more educated than the fringe you hang out with......

No underlying conditions in 5% of coronavirus deaths in English ospitals
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lish-hospitals

The proportion of people dying of coronavirus who do not have underlying conditions has risen in recent weeks, from below 1% to about 5% of the total, Guardian analysis has found.

The analysis, based on daily statements released by NHS England from 5 March onwards, found that the proportion of people dying with no underlying conditions had increased sharply in the last three weeks.
.................................................. ......
Then again, The CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6913e2.htm

Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying Health Conditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 — United States, February 12–March 28, 2020

Among 122,653 U.S. COVID-19 cases reported to CDC as of March 28, 2020, 7,162 (5.8%) patients had data available pertaining to underlying health conditions or potential risk factors; among these patients, higher percentages of patients with underlying conditions were admitted to the hospital and to an ICU than patients without reported underlying conditions. These results are consistent with findings from China and Italy, which suggest that patients with underlying health conditions and risk factors, including, but not limited to, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, COPD, coronary artery disease, cerebrovascular disease, chronic renal disease, and smoking, might be at higher risk for severe disease or death from COVID-19 (3,4). This analysis was limited by small numbers and missing data because of the burden placed on reporting health departments with rapidly rising case counts, and these findings might change as additional data become available.

Answer me, does a pre-existing condition invalidate that the patient died from covid-19? Does a pre-existing condition skew the numbers, and if so how much?

Does that make covid-19 less dangerous or less lethal? I keep telling you and your buddies, epidemiologists have a better handle on that sort of data than horse playing pandemic deniers. And we won't be certain until much later
You either don't know the answer to the question I posed, or you're not smart enough to comprehend it.

When you come up with an answer, please reply. Otherwise, I'm not interested in your rambling. It's not answering the question at hand (a very pertinent one at that).
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)