Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #31
proximity

out like a lion??

ok poker fans we're back at the exciting borgata in atlantic city for more poker action!

when we last left off, the lion, suffered a rare defeat and today's report finds us up early for some breakfast at casa taco before heading back to the poker room.

the lion heads for 1-2 where his raise with QQ is called and beaten by J5, the hand a reminder that you can't just go to no limit, or mid limit, or probably even high limit to elude these brutal beats. there is no escape.

over at 3-6 limit i get off to a good start and when my table breaks i look to extend my lead at a new table with a QQ of my own.

flop: KQ7

turn:7

villain: KK

with 76 from the button i limp behind the field and see a much needed flop of T98 rainbow.

villain: QJ.

meanwhile the lion has launched a furious comeback to break his borgata maiden, but the effort has knocked him out and several hours later i wake him up for some supper.

back in the poker room we jump into a LOUD 1-2 no limit game against local lawyer and author (devil leeds; a book about the jersey devil) voorhees scott macom.

the lion flops a straight but can't get a younger player who has flopped a set to bite on a $60 bet. good laydown by the kid!!

i win $11 and head for 24 where i win a quick $20 before the game breaks and i head back to 36 where i take a seat to the left to a loud and obnoxious action player. i don't do much here but eventually look down at AQ and call the action player's three bet after an early player raises. the early player caps it and half the table sees a flop of low cards. getting like a million to one i actually continue in this overcard situation. i'd love to see a queen but the turn brings an ace. the original raiser comes back to life and i start to worry but call down. i ask if he has the king and scoop a great limit pot for a one pair hand when he flips over AJ!!

back at 24 i lose $19 and return to the room to find that, overcome by intense anxiety, the lion has packed up and left for the more tranquil jungle of penn national. grantville's home and there's (supposedly) no place like it but for here and now i'm staying put in atlantic city. two more days to go.

36 -49
12 +11
24 +20
36 +63
24 -19

year -873 (22-19)
promo 0 (160)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)