Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #23
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoEligible View Post
In that case the odds of hitting this wager are 229,441,000,000,000,000:1. So we're saying there's a chance?

Hell, TSG might as well advertise a $5 billion bonus to whoever hits this, because there's virtually no chance of it happening. At least that might get some more suckers to put their money in.

I think where the tote struggles on wagers like this are box/wheel bets that exponentially increase the number of combinations covered on a single ticket. I wouldn't be surprised to see this limited to only straight bets, which will essentially make it a true lottery wager.

Uh, your rounding-error alone is 1.5 trillion plus.

And with regard to the tote, I think the mere 'grid' for all possible outcomes is simply too great for it to facilitate (and accomplish other things at the same time).

Indeed there was one tote system that was taking the last big one like this, but a big-name entity as reliant upon its entire simulcast network as Pegasus/Gulfstream is, would simply never (under present limitations) allow such an absurd notion to be implemented.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)