Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Official Toga Party X Thread

Now that I've recovered from the Belmont sufficiently it is time to get the party rolling. For those that haven't been playing along....

This year's dates are Saturday, August 11 through Sunday August 19. There is racing on every day in that span but Tuesday the 14th, which is dark as usual.

We will be located in the Festival Tent most days, but on Wednesday August 15 and Thursday August 16 we will need to relocate to the Big Red Spring tent, which is right next to the Big Red Spring. Don't drink the water. Trust me. We had to do this one day last year and it worked great so I anticipate no issues.

Some highlights.

Though it is the day before the get together, Hall of Fame Day is Friday, August 10

The hotly debated Pilsner Glass will be the giveaway on Sunday, August 19th

The less hotly debated Picnic Mat will be the giveaway on Sunday, August 12th

Be aware that they are holding Fabulous Fillies Day is on Friday August 17th. Your concerns last year about the pink saddlecloths were passed on, but be prepared as last I heard they were going to do this again.

As usual, Ted Craven's group will be with us that last weekend. If Barb tips you on a horse for God's sake listen to her!

And most important of all, the special Pace Advantage Toga Party X is being held on Saturday the 18th as PA noted in the other thread.

As for me and my annual coverage of the event, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had more vacation time than I thought I did, so I plan to be up there most weekends again plus several days during the week.

As usual I'll give some picks (though given my latest luck you may want to ignore them....), talk about the scene in general, and of course visit and report on some new restaurants. This year's special food mission is "Who makes the best pizza in Saratoga". A fairly large Italian population settled around Saratoga, so this will be a bit of a challenge. The only place definitely on the list is Max London's which hopefully still has the clam topped pizza on the menu. Anyone else has some favorites out there, let me know.

So let's get ready for a fun summer. Can't believe I'll be up there for open house in only 2 1/2 weeks!

Everyone planning on coming, post here also what dates you expect to be there so we all know the whos and the whens.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)