Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 06:37 PM   #29
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The downside is that having my own server isn't cheap...something tells me there are better values out there, but I just haven't looked...
Mike, here are the VPS prices at my Host: https://www.midphase.com/vps-hosting/ If I ever go to a VPS, the 4Gb/100Gb plan seems about right for my needs - a little more than my 2 existing shared servers. Presumably you still get server-side tech support for a VPS: I don't want to add 'server technician' to my existing collection of hats (though I do already have that hat - and T-shirt).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
The good news about having your own server is...you get to upgrade and install behind the scenes

The Bad News is the same thing.

I must admit it was difficult for me to remain quiet while the crowd was not... as charitable as they could have been.

You two guys are both amazing that you have such an audience and have kept it running for so long.
Dave - I hear you! I confess my audience has always been an appreciative and charitable lot - and I am grateful for that. It helps to have trailed behind the coat-tails of giants (Sartin, Bradshaw, Brohamer, et al ... and not forgetting Pizzolla, Hambleton, Ainslie, Schmidt and Schwartz and other lesser-known geniuses). Including the work of our late founder Bill Varone (Binder) - we've been going almost 20 years now, with the input of both Sartin and Bradshaw before they passed.

Good luck to you and Beth as well!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)