Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #870
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPlayer
The Spitzer memo is indeed meaningless, as events in the illustrious NY senate demonstrate. The final legislation must, of course, receive a majority vote in the Senate, and I doubt the legislation the Senate votes for matches the terms the governor set forth with NYRA.

Eminent domain is indeed applicable as an option, if the governor was of a mind to fight NYRA. Apparently he is not, and probably signed the memo to placate Hayward knowing Bruno would fight it. Spitzer, by the way, seems awfully nonchalant about the current situation. It's been Bruno on the soapbox.
I think Spitzer genuinely believes that NYRA was the best option available, and that as long as the land issue is resolved the way he wants it, he comes out on top.

IMO the last remaining obstacle is slots at BEL. Just as Bruno is calling for NYRA performance standards, Silver can be expected to demand the same of the VLT slots operator at AQU before they can be approved at BEL.

The only performance standard for NYRA that makes any sense to me is ensuring that net revenue increases as well as the percentage of net profit from handle. Any financial performance standard is meaningless without eliminating the senseless competition between NYRA and the OTBs.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)