Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #11
Blenheim
Race Player

I think papillon is on to something here.

Repole is from Queens, it's all about NY, NY. "Some people get Derby fever, but I have Belmont fever," Repole said. "This is the number one race I've been dreaming about, the one I've wanted to win for 30 years."

I think the work is telltale. Noble Indy has always been a slouch in his works. That 47 flat is a speed work, they're putting speed into this horse so when comes the break he'll be right there with Justify, they're goin' stride for stride! If Justify tries to slow, Noble Indy leads, but I doubt Baffert wants Justify to get dirt kicked in his face - he might back out of it, so at this point it is settin' up like the Baltimore.

Interesting how that one horse changed the complexion of this race. Prior to NI, Justify was the speed and likely to be running easily and in the clear - not so anymore. Nice move by Repole.

I found Justify's BRIS E1 and LP interesting. Early pace is inextricably linked to late pace - E1 goes up, LP goes down and versa vice. His E1 in the Baltimore has never been lower, but that 83 LP . . . man this horse has gotta be hurtin'. But who gives a shit about the horse, this is a run for the Triple, he goes, like it or not hurtin' or not; too much at stake here, this is bigger than the horse.

It is shaping up to be a fun race to watch, full of drama. Like Repole, the Belmont has always been my most favorite race of the three as it is the real test of a champion.

Lookin' forward to the Belmont Stakes.

Last edited by Blenheim; 05-28-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)