Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
DrugS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
D,

I started doing this some 7 yrs ago and I dont think there was access around then (like cal racing+ utube)

Next, the pic quality on many of these sites like cal racing uploaded to you tube makes it difficult for me to get a clear view of the race.
(Yes, its better than nothing)

Secondly, I was getting the head on shots as well. Since I was primarily a trip handicapper at that time, this was important to me.
Since this is my business, I needed FAST access to watch many races...important to me....time consumption.
Then there is the last reason for me going through the trouble of the video and that was Saratoga.
For six weeks my house rental had no high speed internet (although thats changed) and I needed to have access to replays.

NYRA was never reliable with their equipment (you can ask your buddy about that one) so one needs to do what one needs to do.... or.. you have no video.

I still say a personal DVR hooked into your cable TV is the cheapest way to go today...

I just looked online and Magnavox sells one for under $300.00 with a 120gb hard drive....
I hear ya ... back in the day, I was old fashioned and just taped the card and taped the replay shows. Made my trip notes for each race into a spiral notebook - and re-taped over the day once I was done.
DrugS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.