Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Partsnut
BetMix User

Bill Evans:
Quote:
I am looking to purchase or have someone write a program for me that imports the PP's from a vendor like BRISNET or PTS and computes the Quirin pace and speed figures from the paceline(s) selected by the user. I would like to integrate Cynthia Publishing or Gordon Pine pars into the program. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks.
Hi Bill,

I used to subscribe to Dr.Quirins par times and his Track to Track adjustments
until he gave up horse racing for golf. He was and possibly still is a Math professor at Hofstra university (Long Island, NY).
Quirins strength was computer generated impact numbers and track par times.

Years ago, there were no speed numbers in the past performances and they had to be calculated by the handicapper.

To make a long story short all speed figures and/or par times that are provided today by Gordon Pine, Dave Schwartz, C.J. and Randy Giles use the basic elements (impact values) that Quirin set forth.
The providers I mentioned are all talented and excellent providers and talking to them might be a good place to start. They are all participants of this forum.

Last edited by Partsnut; 05-25-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)