Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

None of the above for me. I would not support any takeout raise on this issue, i would rather personally just donate money out of my own pocket to help the cause. Also, before any kind of takeout increase is approved for this, i would like to see some sort of data that shows exactly, to the penny, what current owners are doing for this cause. Current owners are more responsible for horses afterlife than bettors are and if owners are 'all in' that would make bettors more likely to want to help out also.

When i make a bet on the NFL in Las Vegas, do they ask me if i want to risk 111 dollars to win 100 (instead of the standard 110 to win 100) with 1 dollar going to retired players? No, if i make a bet on an NFL game the last thing i'm thinking about is paying extra money to the NFLPA to support retired players, i'm not sure how horse race bettors are any different. I'm not sure why people who bet on the races are somehow obligated to pay for things like this...maybe someone can enlighten me as to why horse bettors are different from NFL bettors. (or sports bettors, just using NFL as an example).

Maybe they're different, but i'm just not sure how.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)