Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #29
tcasolo

FWIW, I have a Brother laser and I swear by it. I bought it as a refurb about 8-10 years ago. Had to take it in once for a repair about 3 years ago as some plastic piece broke off. Cost me about $120 when I bought it and then about $60 for the repair.

The model is MFC-8640D.

I've been printing "books" for a while now as they are $6 for the DRF form -vs- $9 at the track. I probably print about 2 books per week.

What I like about this unit is its a multi-function printer/copier/fax. Also it does duplex, so I print front and back. Just like the book.

The other great thing is that off-brand toner and or drums are inexpensive. Like less than $10, and I've never had an issue using the off brands. I always keep a spare toner, but replace it probably every 9 months or so. I've only replaced the drum 2x in its life.

Additionally, the paper is always on sale at Staples free (or 1 cent) after rebate. I buy it by a box or 1/2 box when they offer the deal, and it never runs out.

Brother offers other newer MFC models, and when I find the right price I will get another one, only because my unit does not offer wireless.
tcasolo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)