Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #139
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
This is the sort of stuff I take on. I'm just using your post to make my point. When racing commissions say a trainer is not responsible but still guilty, that points to a need to revisit the rules. How do you fix it? There are plenty of smart people that can collaborate on that. This really isn't about drugs in racing. The regulation of or the standard for Clenbuterol may be exactly right, but that doesn't mean you stain Trombetta. I've said over and over that racing commissions need to do more complete investigations, perhaps in concert with the trainer. If we knew exactly how the clenbuterol got into the horse's system, we could assign punishment in a fairer way. Instead what we get is what I've often pointed out - the Commission stopping at the post race positive, invoking the absolute insurers rule, and doling out a punishment. System preserved.

Trainers and the commissions keep themselves on opposite sides of the table instead of cooperating to find the truth and achieve justice. The system is broken for lots of reasons, this being one of them.

I can't understand why I take the crap I do for defending trainers in this sort of situation. I can't be the only one who thinks the treatment Trombetta got was both not justice and bad for racing.
That is fair. But really, this isn't the kind of stuff most horseplayers care about. Since real offenders are rarely dealt just sentences, I'm not sure you can blame people for not worrying much when it goes the other way.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)