Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think the idea is that he is looking for horses who have shown either the Red-Scan moves or interior moves to be the contenders because it "energizes" them.
He is not eliminating horse, he is including certain horses. He got the field of 10 down to 7 and then further refines it. On page 13, he outlines his whole procedure.

The first two races in the book were stripped down examples of the technique. In both races, I see that a horse who won last out with a top Beyer failed to hit the board at relatively low odds, so his idea of looking specific horse worked for him. In his newsletters, he covers other ideas and how he uses them, such as speed,fade. When he sees the other moves, he focuses on them and not the red-scan like he did here.

At CJ's old board, we had a guy who looked for all the red-scan horses every day and posted a list of them. I take his ideas and incorporate them into my own play, like I do with those of Randy Giles.

As far as the two horses he ignored, I think in maiden claimers, losing 4 in a row while losing ground in the stretch every time, and being the top two betting choices is a great idea. Would you seriously bet either of them at the odds they went off at? I am not sure I would ever bet the winner, unless his final fractions looked strong, but at least the race was opened up for a good price.

And, btw.....the winner was trained by Jason Servis.....

Oh, and the red-scan technique pointed out Accelerator in the Pacific Classic today.
Whether or not I would bet on Diablo's Caper or Battle Cat at those odds isn't the point...that's a question for the latter stage of the handicapping process. You don't toss those horses out at first glance because you don't like their running lines...while you accept an obviously inferior horse like Romancer, who was trounced by Diablo's Caper in their last start. Yes...I know that he also writes "But if time permits, it is best to take our contender selection process a few steps further"...but later on he writes that "Red Scanning is a simple yet powerful technique for quick and accurate contender selection", and that's an obvious lie. On its own, the red scan technique is a freaking JOKE as a contender-selection method.

If time doesn't permit the horseplayer to do a thorough handicapping job, and he is looking for a "quick yet powerful" handicapping method to make money with, then he is terribly misguided, IMO...regardless of what these snake-oil salesmen write in the books that they peddle to the unsuspecting public..

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-19-2018 at 12:22 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)