Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:23 PM   #13
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're late to the party. It's been going on for years.

And it's not past-posting. I know you're not going to believe that...but that's ok. Plenty of people walk around all their lives believing in myths.
Absolutely a Myth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If the tote board updates at 30-second intervals...how can the odds change during the horses' gallop-out?
As you probably know I follow the minute-to-minute betting action at most tracks around the country and in Hong Kong. That's because I use tote board information and money flow exclusively to play this game. I've been doing it for years!

I say "minute-by-minute" only because the majority of tote board flashes (updates) generally occur every 60 seconds at the majority of race tracks and ADWs.
Now for you folks out there with Math issues I realize its hard for you to understand. However, just try to put 2 & 2 together and think for a moment about how long does it actually take to run a 6F race?

Okay lets agree that on average its about 1 minute & 12 seconds (1:12). Are you with me?
So if the last tote update occurs lets say 60 seconds after the gate opens, how far have the horses already run in that 6F race? (Or perhaps 7F or 1m race, etc)

You see most people that bring this topic up always seem to be betting on the horse where the odds have dropped (which don't necessarily win). In the meantime, have you heard anyone complain that because of that odds drop on some other entry that their betting interest (who may have won) went up in odds? Of course not!

That's because the overwhelming majority of players are losing on a consistent basis. Granted the game has changed a lot in terms of popularity and handle, but there's something about it that gives people hopes of winning and still keeps many involved.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)