Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The All Play
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #25
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Logic dictates that the "All" is usually a waste of money and "betting on chaos" rather than having an opinion. However, early in my horse racing career I had hit the first two legs of a Pick 3 at decent prices. In the last leg I had 10 of 12 horses. One of the two I didn't have won at 30-1, and the Pick 3 paid $3500 for $1. Considering my income at the time, it definitely made me think.

I think how I saved $12 that day by not going "All" and it cost me several thousand. So, while logic dictates not using All, for peace of mind sometimes you have to do it. Or I do anyway. And let's face it---if you're betting 8 or 9 or 10 of 12 horses, you don't really have an opinion other than that the favorites are trash, so why not go for the All?

This is exactly what my partner picsix and I debate and talk about often.

Typically if we both handicap a race, lets say a 10 horse chaos race, he thinks there are 3 possible winners, I add another 2 or 3 possible winners in that leg.... What happens, one of the 4 or 5 we didn't have win at a big number.
We were correct in identifying it to be a race with a bad group of favorites, but unable to come up with the correct price horse, usually because if it looked good it wouldn't be a big price.
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement