Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 08:29 PM   #9
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Timberlake out of the Kentucky Derby.

Not completely shocking after his odd trip and flop in the Arkansas Derby, but this is a horse that had 81 points and a guaranteed spot in the gate.

https://www.drf.com/news/timberlake-...kentucky-derby

“Based on the performance over the weekend, we are not going to run in the Kentucky Derby,” Cox said. “We are thinking about cutting him back in distance.

“He came out of it in good order, very sound, and ships back to Churchill Downs today. We still feel it’s in his best interest not to try a mile and a quarter in four and a half weeks.”

Cox said the decision was made Tuesday with owners WinStar Farm and Siena Farm.

Timberlake ranked fifth in points for the Kentucky Derby with 81. He won last year’s Grade 1 Champagne and launched his 3-year-old season in the Rebel. He is a winner of 3 of 7 starts and $1.1 million.

I like this decision of doing right for the horse.
Hey buddy, I love reading your posts but I have to respectfully disagree with you and Cox. What are you two saying, that this horse can't run three times in SIX months? Give me a break! Then explain to me how Just Steel, who kicked Timberlake's ass will be making his 12th start in under a year. Is it because Lukas is a world class trainer and Cox is clueless?

Any horse that goes head to head with a talented Baffert horse is committing suicide, and it is even more suicide, if there is such a thing, when a stretch runner tries to do it. Timberlake had very little chance of being around at the finish. He deserves another shot in the Derby with the correct trip. Have no clue why he is being pulled from the Derby. I don't buy Cox answer one bit.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom